The University of Hertfordshire (UOH) is a public university in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom. The university is based largely in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. Its antecedent institution, Hatfield Technical College, was founded in 1948 and was identified as one of 25 Colleges of Technology in the United Kingdom in 1959. In 1992, Hatfield Polytechnic was granted university status by the British government and subsequently renamed University of Hertfordshire. It is one of the post-1992 universities.
Hertfordshire has two campuses based in College Lane and de Havilland. With over 25,130 students, including more than 5,200 international students that together represent 100 countries, Hertfordshire has a global alumni of over 1,650 The university is one of Hertfordshire’s largest employers with over 2,700 staff, 812 of which are academic members of staff. It has a turnover of more than £235 million. The university has 11 schools: Hertfordshire Business School, Computer Science, Creative Arts, Education, Engineering and Technology, Health and Social Work, Humanities (which oversees its CATS program), Hertfordshire Law School, Life and Medical Sciences, Physics, Astronomy and Mathematics and Hertfordshire Higher Education Consortium. Hertfordshire is a member of University Alliance, Universities UK and European University Association.
Why University of Hertfordshire?
- The University of Hertfordshire is based in Hatfield, a town just 25 minutes from central London by train.
- Living at the University of Hertfordshire you will be able to enjoy the facilities on one of our multi-million-pound campuses at one of the safest University locations in the East of England.
- The University of Hertfordshire has established fantastic links with blue-chip companies over many years ensuring your degree is connected to a global network of industry leaders. We have received support from companies including Microsoft, Samsung, Sony Music and many more
- We constantly check our competitors to ensure that our fees remain competitive in the sector. We have recently removed lab fees so that whether you study in a classroom or laboratory, you now pay the same fee. We also have invested heavily in our international scholarship pot to give more students across the globe access to higher education in the United Kingdom
University of Hertfordshire Accreditation:
The following courses are accredited by ScreenSkills:
- BA (Hons) Film and Television Production
- BA (Hons) Model Design (Character & Creative Effects)
- BA (Hons) Model Design (Model Effects)
- BA (Hons) Model Design (Special Effects)
The following courses are accredited by JAMES:
- BSc (Hons) Music & Sound Design Technology
- BSc (Hons) Audio Recording & Production