We are proud to be an internationally recognized and award-winning institution with a heritage of quality education going back more than 100 years. We appear in the Times Higher Education World University rankings and are also ranked as one of the top 250 universities in the world under 50 years old in the Young University rankings.
At Bedfordshire, we are renowned for our vibrant and cosmopolitan student population that includes more than 20,000 students from over 100 countries. We are a modern university that believes in nurturing our students to become educated, employable and entrepreneurial global citizens, and offer a wide range of degree courses tailored to meet the needs of our students and providing them with transformational opportunities through access to an excellent educational experience.
We lead the way in expanding educational opportunities; more than half of our students come from lower socio-economic backgrounds or from families with no history of participation in higher education. More than a third are mature returners to education and around a quarter are from Black or ethnic minority backgrounds under-represented in higher education.
We were delighted to celebrate a Silver award in the first ever Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and recently came eighth in the UK in the People and Planet University Green League. We enjoy high levels of student satisfaction and were recognised for the quality of our teaching in the last National Student Satisfaction, ranking 9th as the most improved university for teaching (2016 to 2019)
Why the University of Bedfordshire?
- TEF Silver – Proud to achieve Silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework
- Ranked 9th for most improved in teaching – ( NSS 2019, 2019 compared to 2013)
- Commended by the QAA for the high quality and standards of our higher education provision (QAA 2015)
- Top 250 University under 50 years old (THE 2020)
- One of 21 Business Schools awarded the Bronze Award for start-up and business growth advice (Small Business Charter)
- 8th in the country in the University Green League (People and Planet 2019)
- Eco Campus Platinum award (2019)