Among the world’s best
We are focused on providing high-quality education that prepares you for your future career. The University’s world-class research and strong national and international partnerships drive innovation that challenges conventional thinking, breaks new ground, and changes lives.
The University of Newcastle is a research-intensive University focused on improving the quality of life in our regions and around the globe. Our academics, students, and staff pursue innovative solutions to the world’s great challenges.
- Currently ranked 207th in the world by QS World University Rankings, we are consistently ranked within Australia’s top 10 universities.
- Our Engineering – Mineral, and Miningdiscipline has ranked at top 30 in the world, for the third consecutive year,
- Nursing discipline is ranked in the world’s top 50 in the 2019 QS World University Rankings by Subject The University has a total of 10 subjects ranked in the world’s top 200.
- The University is ranked top 8 in Australia for research ‘well above world standard’ by Excellence in Research Australia, 2018.
- 8%of our postgraduate graduates find employment within four months of graduating – above the Australian university average.
- The Newcastle Business School is accredited with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), earned by fewer than 5% of the world’s business programs. AACSB is the premier and longest-standing, the international accrediting body for business programs and is the international benchmark for excellence in business education.
- ERA 5 for civil engineering research
- ANMAC accredited degree for Nursing and 800 Clinical Hours
- One of only three Australian member institutions of the Global Engineering Education Exchange Program.
These independent rankings are evidence of our commitment to excellence, purposeful research, uncommon innovation, and the highest standards in educational outcomes. Our performance on the world stage continues to improve as we move closer to realizing our vision of being global leaders in each of our spheres of achievement – equity, education and research. The University of Newcastle has a proud history of achievement and we celebrate our successes as individuals and as an institution. For over 50 years, our outstanding educators have achieved a long list of accolades and our world-class researchers are recognized for their contribution to many fields of inquiry.
Our remarkable students continue to impress with stories of success both at home and on the world stage